Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Can Be Me! by Cindy Kenny and Linda Bredehoft

VeggieTales I Can! And So Can You! (Big Idea Books / VeggieTales)
I Can Be Me!, by Cindy Kenny and Linda Bredehoft, is actually one of a four part "I Can!" collection of die cut board books featuring the Veggie Tales characters.  The I Can Be Me book is in the shape of Larry the cucumber and features pictures of Larry taking on all kinds of roles with simple, fun, two rhyming word descriptions for each role.  These include Prairie Larry and Dairy Larry, just to name a couple.  The theme verse for the book is Psalm 139:14 which says that God made us amazing and wonderful and the purpose of the book is to help children see that they can be anything God wants them to be.

Anna loves the Veggie Tales, especially Larry the cucumber, so of course she loved this book.  I thought it was a little on the silly side but enjoyed it because Anna enjoyed it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment