Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Can Only Imagine by Bart Millard

I Can Only Imagine (CD-Single and Lyrics included)I Can Only Imagine is a board book featuring the song by the same name written by Bart Millard.  The lyrics of the song are spread out through the pages of the book along with beautiful illustrations.  There is no indication of who the illustrations are by but they really are beautiful.  There is a single CD included featuring Jeff Carson performing the song tucked inside the front cover of the book.

I did some searching and came up with a page which tells the story behind the writing of the song I Can Only Imagine and a YouTube video of Jeff Carson singing I Can Only Imagine.

This book is part of a Little Melody Press Series of books, like In My Daughter's Eyes which I featured earlier.  We borrowed both books from a friend and she actually lent us a few more in the series.  The board books are very nice and the added CDs are a great bonus.

I Can Only Imagine is a song that is familiar to us as we sing it in our church.  Anna loved looking at the pictures in the board book and listening to the CD again and again.  I love this book and this song because it talks about the wonders of a time when we will meet our God face to face and tries to imagine what it will be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment